Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Tuesday 17 January 2012

More birds from Yulara - White-winged Fairy-wren and close-up of Black-faced Woodswallow

Back down to Yulara this week and I love birds who decide to come in and check you out. A family of White-winged Fairy-wrens were twittering and flittering a fair way from me to start with but eventually the male came to within 10 or so metres and after watching him for a while finally remembered to use the camera:


I walked a little further down the track and was watching a couple of Black-faced Woodswallows feeding on one of the few yellow flowers still blooming when a Singing Honeyeater decided it wanted the same flower:
I watched the Singing Honeyeater chase after one of the woodswallows and then the second woodswallow flew straight at me and sat on a branch in the tree virtually beside me. To get the full view of this very friendly bird, right-click over the top of the image and open in a new window. It really was a very special feeling knowing that the bird, and that beak, was only a bit further than arms length away. It stayed nearby for 3-4 minutes, not fussed about me at all:





No comments:

Post a Comment