Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Monday 16 January 2012

Chiming Wedgebill

Finally got a photo of the Chiming Wedgebill along the Lasseter Highway. There is a truck stop about 10 kms on the Erldunda side of Mt Ebenezer roadhouse and I had heard it twice before but couldn't locate it for a photo. I thought the first one below would be my one and only shot but it obligingly hopped down out of the tree for me. There was also a young one that sounded like the chime was cut short after 2 notes, so I think the other times I have heard two adults. I was surprised but glad it was still in roughly the same place:





No comments:

Post a Comment