Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Friday 30 September 2011

Peregrine Falcon and Whistling Kite at Poo Ponds

A quick trip to the Poo Ponds today and I should have known it would be dominated by birds of prey as when I was driving in the road to the gate, a whistling kite was feeding on a previously killed pigeon.

To my7 delight, the Peregrine Falcon, which has been seen recently by a few people at the Ponds, was sitting on the telegraph pole on the road. It sat there for a while eyeing me off suspiciously. I was already inside the gate so I was hoping it wouldn't be too worried about me. I was wrong as it flew off and even though there was a strong wind, its speed was still breathtaking:




By far the most common raptor was the Whistling Kite. Even though I had seen a Black Kite at the gate near the Peregrine, it was the Whistling Kites that were in most numbers, offering some wonderful photo opportunities:









No comments:

Post a Comment