Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Docker River to Uluru

Started the day in the campground at Docker River. Once the only other group of campers left, I had the company of camels, dingoes and birds. Very peaceful and even though the birdlife wasn't spectacular in variety, the ones that were there kept me entertained.

Looking out from the campground towards the west early in the morning:

The campsite

Early sunshine in the grass tops:

This yellow-throated miner was keen for some morning tucker:

Get that into you!


I drove out from Docker River in the mid-afternoon and stopped at Lasseter's Cave Rest Stop. I'd love to show photos but the flies almost carried the camera away! Onwards to Kata Tjuta and Uluru.

Finally arrived at Kata Tjuta late in the afternoon after a slight issue with the exhaust and a clip that should have held it in place. A bit of handywork with a cut off data cable and the trusty gaffa tape and I was back on the bone-jarring road of corrugations.

So, at Kata Tjuta, I was desperate for the toilet more than anything, and stopped at the picnic tables and sunset viewing area. This delightful little Crested Bellbird hopped around not far from where I was sitting for a couple of minutes.



Satisfactorily relieved and refreshed, headed off towards Yulara, and stopped by the side of the road to take a few photos of Uluru. Was just getting my camera ready when this beautiful Crimson Chat was sitting in the middle of the road! I thought I'd missed the chance to see these on this trip so was pretty stoked it had chosen that part of the road to forage for insects.

The sun was setting rapidly and this little black-faced woodswallow seemed fairly content bathing in the last rays for the day:

and this singing honeyeater finally sat still long enough for a quick pose:

and when all is said and done, it is a beautiful rock at sunset!

No comments:

Post a Comment