Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Monday 22 August 2011

Birds Around the Backyard

One of the kids was sick today, so I spent a bit of the time in the backyard while they were resting. The birds are ones we often get in the backyard, but I generally leave the camera inside when they are around these days. Today was different.

First on show was a very friendly Port Lincoln Parrot:



The Yellow-throated Miners were not as prolific as normal, but these were more than happy to be quite close as I snapped away:






A Black-faced Cuckoo-shrike sat on a branch in one of our gums:

But by far the most entertainment came from the White-plumed Honeyeaters. There are a number of families that frequent our backyard and today the young ones were quite demanding. They are noisy without being harsh on the ears, and they can be inquisitive and come quite close to the camera. I had to zoom out rather than in on a few occasions which I really enjoy as it tells me the birds are relaxed around me to come that close.



No comments:

Post a Comment