Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Northern Rosella

We pulled into the Information Bay and Ranger Station just as you enter the Kakadu National Park boundary coming from Pine Creek. After having a look around and the obligatory parade to the toilets, we noticed some birds feeding on the orange flowering trees. At first I thought we were watching Hooded Parrots, but then realised the "hood" was due mainly to the shadows and what we were in fact watching was some Northern Rosellas. I requested someone return to the car and grab the camera while I kept an eye on the birds. Thankfully they hung around and I managed some shots.



They really got their heads right into the flowers.

I wondered if their coloured bums had anything to do with the type of flowers they ate, like the red of the Mistletoebird.

No comments:

Post a Comment